The purpose of the Area Controller is to perform professional accounting duties to maintain control over expenses, income, assets and liability of the hotel to ensure the security of the assets of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
- Committed to making every guest is satisfied
- Develops added-value customer service programs
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
- Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
- Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives, trains, and performs to Gulph Creek Hotel Standards
- Assist the GM’s with preparation the Budget, Strategic Plan, and Goals program. Assist in the performance of month-end closing.
- Manage daily accounting activities for completion, including day-to-day operations and assignments of Accounting staff.
- Input General Ledger entries and journal vouchers as required. Prepare tax reconciliation, payments, reports and investigation as needed. Complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax filing as required by the state, city and federal agency.
- Perform or assist in performing balance sheet reconciliation’s and bank reconciliation’s.
- Review and verify accounts payable input and output, accounts receivable posting and billing, and maintain the daily income report, ensuring all necessary schedules are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage other AP and AR-related duties.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with reporting calendars, ensuring that all reports are submitted on a timely basis. Perform financial and statistical analysis, forecasting, and complete special projects as needed.
- May perform additional accounting functions such as reconciling gratuities for payroll, maintaining contract logs, auditing or approving payments to vendors or agencies, reviewing the work of Income Auditors, and filling in for the Controller as needed in their absence.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Gulph Creek Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Gulph Creek standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the timely and thorough collection of accounts receivable, and assist
- Ensuring vendors are paid according to schedule, and that the general ledger reflects proper posting of invoices.
Manages and directs Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable when acceptable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College plus 4+ years hotel accounting or auditing experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Previous accounting experience helpful
Tools & Equipment:
Ten key calculator, computer, credit card authorization machine, telephone, other equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Salary Range: $80,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually